Friday, August 20, 2010

SBC(yahoo) anti-virus vs. Norton antivirus?

I currently have Norton antivirus and I am an AT%26T subsciber and I know I cannot have BOTH antivirus programs. I will have my norton within the next week and I was wondering is the FREE antivirus as good as Norton or should I just stick with the one I have and pay the price. I use my computer for my business and I cannot afford to have it CRASH on me. Anyone with advice please respond ASAP. Thanks



SBC(yahoo) anti-virus vs. Norton antivirus?internet



Norton is a big memory hog that slows down your PC. and yes the tools that at%26t give you with your service are as good as norton and better in the fact that it doesnt hog memory. and CA anti virus is a paid for tool if you are not an AT%26T user.so it isnt like you are getting a free tool but one that is part of your monthly bill.and you can have more than one anti virus installed on your pc,you just cant have more than one running at a time.I keep 3 and use each one to scan my pc at differant times.but I keep my Pc Cillin on at all times.



SBC(yahoo) anti-virus vs. Norton antivirus?network



I would get rid of Norton, if you want to buy an anti-virus I would get NOD32 (it's the best): http://www.av-comparatives.org/



However, there is a free anti-virus better than Norton which I personaly use and would recommend to anyone. AOL Active Virus Shield powered by Kaspersky is currently the best free anti-virus (99.62% detection rate). The most popular free anti-virus programs (AVG and Avast) have poor detection rates (82.82%, 87.46% respectively). Norton is notoriously bloated and takes forever to perform full systems scans. You can download AOL Active Virus Shield from the link below. There is absolutely no spyware and it is completely free.



  • finger nail sized
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment