Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What is the best anti-spy and anti-virus to buy that are in stores and are cheap?

There are very few anti-virus suites that are cheap and also good. If I were you and I wanted to save money, I'd start looking at free anti virus solutions. It protects your computer and also is free.



For spyware, consider Ad-Aware SE. This is a fully functional, excellent program. Teamed with another free program like Spybot: Search and Destroy, it effectively seeks out and destroys all adware and spyware.



For antivirus programs, consider these three. AVG Free Edition from Grisoft is fully functional and is excellent for slower computers because its interface runs fast. AntiVir XP is the best, but it does use lots of memory and is somewhat slower than AVG. Avast! looks cool, but it's not as good as AVG or AntiVir.



All of them have no spyware. I know for sure, I've used all of them at times. In fact, PC Magazine reviewed all of the ones I mentioned. They liked all of them. You can also download the MCAfee AVERT stinger, a small, stand-alone antivirus tool, for use in removing viruses that already infest your computer.



all of these programs can be downloaded free at www.majorgeeks.com and download.com.



MajorGeeks is better, it's got fast FTP servers.



What is the best anti-spy and anti-virus to buy that are in stores and are cheap?norton



I like the free stuff (yes, it is legal). AVG has a good system that I use and it works well for virus protection. Go to download.com and search AVG.

No comments:

Post a Comment